Friday, 19 July 2019

Maybe

The overwhelming feeling 99% of the time is lost.
All of the plans we had made, the future I was so sure on, gone.
I wasn't sure of much in life, I never have been someone with career goals, I don't think I've found something I'm really truly passionate about. That's not to say I don't have goals or aspirations, I do, but they involve buying my own home, getting married and having a family, my number one goal has always been happiness. To be happy.
We had met at 18, young and stupid we lasted 2 months before our immaturity got the better of us and we parted ways. Being dramatic teenagers it was obviously the craziest breakup in the world and we distanced ourselves for a long time. 9 years. I went to see my favorite band with my best friend, we stood in no particular place just somewhere that gave us a half decent view of the stage. It was there, right there in a nondescript spot in a place of no real importance the we began again. I was so sure it was fate, or destiny, that the universe had it written that we would meet again. Maybe the universe hadn't intended on us being forever, but I was so sure of it.
I had been the first time round, sure that it was a case of right person wrong time. And maybe that's the case this time. I know in my heart that this guy is meant for me, and I for him. Maybe it'll be another 9 years until the time is right for us, maybe it won't be for another 900.
But for now I'm lost. Lost in the maybe's, in the what if's and the perhaps.
Lost in the what could have been and what should have been.
Lost in the what comes next and the what happens from here.
I've spent my life coasting, maybe this is the time I get to excel at something, I find my passion and I soar. 
Maybe I'll stay at my parents, maybe I'll return to the big city, maybe I'll leave the country.
Maybe I'm lost right now but I won't be forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment